My Buddy

Thursday, January 05, 2012

People let me tell you bout my best friend, he's a warm hearted Pug who'll love me till the end.........


His name is Vito.  Just look at that sweet lil face!  Vito came into my life 3 years ago.  I had another Pug before him, Maizy Girl.  It was just me and Maizy for 4 years. We did everything together.  I got married and so then it was just the three of us.  It's hard for me to talk about Maizy.  She tragically died 3 years ago.  Worst part is it all happened right before my eyes.  I was so upset and to tell you the truth I've never gotten over it.  I still think of her everyday.  My husband felt so bad for me.  Under that tough exterior is a gigantic heart.  I came home one day to this little fellar greeting me at the door, jumping and licking me in the face.  And it's been that way ever since.  He such a loyal guy.  Always following me around, always by my side.  It's almost like Vito knew I was sad the first day he met me and his main goal was here to cheer me up, make me laugh again.  Just look at the picture above, I'd say he's succeeded.  That is the one and only trick he knows, begging.  I don't even know how he learned it.  He just did it one day.  He now does it on command or just because he feels he's being ignored and wants attention.  It's hilarious.  I even catch him begging to the cats when they are ignoring him. 


On cold or rainy days you can find us at our best, lounging in front of the tv.



 My favorite thing about a Pug is the head tilt.  Check Vito's out here when I sing to him a crazy song about all his favorite things (make sure your volume is at a decent level, my voice is ear piercing)....

 


"The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor" ~ Margot Kaufman

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, he's so cute! I have a frenchie and a boston terrier, I love those squishy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vito is adorable, so sad to read that you lost your lovely Maisy. I adore all animals and can't imagine the pain of loosing one so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling! I, too, am a huge animal lover and just lost my 4-legged love of 13 yrs back in November. I am still devastated :(. Plus, we lost our other love 2 yrs. before that, so I am pup-less, and it's terribly sad for me. Hubby is not on board for another one yet, but I just don't understand life without a pooch. That bond and type of happiness is without words..

    ReplyDelete