S.O.S. - My Wrinkly Thurlows

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I hope ya'll don't mind a picture of my ass all up in your face but I need some advice!  I've almost finished up my Sewaholic Thurlows and I've got some minor issues.

My first ever welt pockets look pretty good but let's talk about all this excess fabric hanging out under my butt cheeks.




The only pant alterations I've been able to find online that are anywhere remotely close to this area is a saggy butt or as I like to call it, poopie pants. I don't really have that problem as you can see the wrinkles all lie right below my butt cheeks and on my thighs.  I actually have the opposite problem of poopie pants, -hungry butt-, and I will be letting the back out just a smidge.  It's kind of hard to see in this picture and I'll spare you that close up (well if you follow me on flickr you've already seen it, sorry).

Here's a picture of the front after I fixed my saggy crotch issue. To fix that I simply brought in the inseam 3/4 inch on each side. You can also see in this picture the problem with the excess fabric I'm having on the behind. It's all kind of poking out at the sides and saying HI!! Maybe I just need to bring the seam in on the sides as well???




This is a denim stretch fabric btw.  So what do you think is the problem solver in this here situation?  Hoping to get these fixed up before the weekend arrives because I'm dying to wear them.  I really like this style.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me and I hope my butt wasn't too scary.  If you haven't seen it already I'm giving away a Craftsy class to one of my loyal followers!! Enter here.

I will see you cats on the flip-flop, Later.   (Cool points-name that movie)


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I found this last night as I was looking for a fix to the same issue for my Juniper pants. http://3hourspast.com/2012/06/15/pictutorial/ A tutorial on getting rid of back thigh fabric! Steph also does a custom pants block/fitting service for only $40 via email and photo or Skype back and forth which looks very interesting to me and I might do if I can't get the fit to my satisfaction after following the tutorial. Yours pants are looking really good though. Love the back welt pockets and the fit looks really flattering so far. Just a few tweaks and they will be awesome. I'm following with interest as I'm about to make them next and I'm sure I'll have similar issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the fitting issues, these are looking great! Good luck fixing it all up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be following the follow ups on this one as I have that issue even with pants I purchase. Looks like you did a great job on them though. The welt pockets look right on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Those pockets look great. I would probably put the pants on inside out and pinch and pin out the excess on the inseam and/or outseam. But make sure you leave enough room so you can sit down. You don't want it too tight, unless the fabric has a good amount of stretch. Maybe on your next pair even go down a size so that the thighs fit tighter and then just make an adjustment to the crotch curve if you're still getting "hungry butt" issues, hehehe. But i'm all talk. I haven't made pants yet, but i have been reading more on fitting. There were some good books on fitting at my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a dork, I've never even thought about checking out sewing books at my local library! duhhh!! I'm gonna have to do that!

      Delete
  5. Poopy pants and hungry butt!! Hahaha!!! You're hilarious. The welt pockets look fantastic! Did Lauren from LLadybird have any suggestions? I'm pretty sure she had to lengthen the crotch seam on hers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to give Lauren a shout out. She's so good!

      Delete
  6. I think besides the minor excess it's looking really awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everybody who said they look awesome.
    That being said, I totally hear you about those back thigh wrinkles - as I have the very same issue in my Temperley knock-off!
    The sewing blog world is full of wonders, tho - I'll be sure to try the tutorial linked above, and it's good to know I'm not alone with those issues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hardly noticed the "poopie pants" until you pointed them out! Looks awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a really good job of these. Your definitely getting close. When I first looked at your photo I was like WOW HOT Pants!! But then reading your comments and the minor issues, let me just say I wish I had those issues!!! My butts always too big for pants lol. I think your legs look super hot in these photos its a really nice style on you!!

    ReplyDelete