She Wore an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie

Saturday, June 08, 2013





Let's see here, last time I went swimming....yeah that'd be about 4 years ago.  Do I see a sunny beach or sparkling pool in my near future?? Likely not but is that gonna stop me from making the kick ass Bombshell Swimsuit by miss Heather Lou of Closet Case Files??  Hellz no!!  I'm totally in love! I've always adored these 1950's style silhouettes and they are so hard to find RTW without costing a fortune.  It's a modest suit yet can still be sexy and cover your whole ass to boot.  The best of both worlds.  Gone are the days of me frolicking around in a two piece bikini.  I'm over it.  The older I get the more I wanna cover.  For me this swimsuit just affirms the saying less is more. 

I'm totally digging the blue version...halter neck, gathered bust (always a good look for us tiny boobied gals).. and can we just sit and adore the the backside for awhile??... A centre back seam with all that ruching, ~swooon~!!  

Photo credit: Closet Case Files




I just recently started following Closet Case Files (yes I have been living under a rock).  I have to say Heather Lou really knocked it out of the park with her first ever pattern!  Like some of you I'm rather intimidated when it comes to even thinking about trying to attempt a swimsuit.  I still snatched up this pattern in exactly 2.7 seconds of discovering it.  That's how good it is.  What's even gooder?? Heather Lou is hosting a sewalong starting on the 17th.  The last two hours of my workday were spent secretly clicking back and forth between various browsers consisting of work (spreadsheets, boo!) and fun (swimsuit fabric, yay!).  This suit has endless possibilities...

You can't go wrong with polka dots...

Michael Levine





Or a retro print...

Spandex House, Inc


 or oooh some shiny solids...

Spandex House, Inc


Oh shit I can't decide, is one of each too much for a person who's feet rarely skim the water?  Maybe I'll just move to Florida to have an excuse to make one in every color.  I'm so excited about this pattern I can barely stand it.  Anyone else feeling my excitement?

Well it's off to bed to dream about warm beaches, fancy drinks with umbrellas and soaking up the sun in a swimsuit made out of bombshell goodness.

xoxo


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. That pattern is fantastic! Love to see your version! I might buy that pattern myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely in love with it and favour the same version. I'm drawn to the blue as much as the flattering pattern itself! I would love to make it but I doubt I'll get round to it in time for this year's holiday though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the prints you found! Like you, I never see the water (I'm an inside girl, lol), but this swimsuit is pretty great. Not enough to tempt me into the water. My print fav is the cherries I reckon. Too cute :) Looking forward to seeing your results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh yeah, I was downloading this the SPLIT second I saw it! I haven't owned a one piece since I was a kid as they usually seem really old lady to me, but I looooove this style! Can't wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I going to have to get this pattern - I saw Lauren's version over on lladybird and completely fell in love. Not that I ever even thought about making a swimming costume before, and not that I really ever go swimming. I might go on my first beach holiday in years in a couple of weeks, but it won't be made by then...but I'm still going to have to get it! Looking forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete