Cozy Winter Knit & A Name Change

Sunday, March 06, 2016

My first post of 2016 showing the last thing I made from 2015.  What have I been doing those 3 months in between??  HIBERNATING!!!

Irena front1

This is the Irena Knit by Itch to Stitch.  I was a tester for the pattern back in November when I also tested the Liana Stretch jeans.  I always have such luck with the fitting of Kennis's patterns so that makes me a big fan.  I just purchased the Mila shirt and have a lightweight chambray waiting to be cut.  I'm super excited to get started on my first make for Spring.

Irena front

irena back

Enough daydreaming about Spring....this top has gotten a lot of wear this winter.  I made this tester version up in a interlock knit because it was all I had on hand.  The pattern is really meant to be made up with sweater knits.  I fully intended making up another version in a sweater knit from the released pattern but busy life got in the way.

irena scarf

Here in the next week or so there will be some changes with the blog.  Shanni Loves will be no more.  I'm going to do something I've wanted to do for the past 3 years but was too scared/technically challenged to do so.....I'm changing my blog name.  My web address will expire in April and if I'm going to do it then now would be the time.  I guess it took me 3 years to do this because I wanted to make sure the name I chose would be the last.  The name "The Modern Tomato" has stuck with me that long.  Modern because my clothing tastes have changed and I want to sew more modern designs and tomato because it represents the pincushion shape.   My husband says it sounds like a food blog.  True, but I think anyone that has this obsession of sewing like we do will get it.  Even those who don't should catch on quickly because I've thrown a graphic of a tomato pincushion into the name to hint at the fact it's a sewing blog.  I'd like to expand on other topics though but don't expect to see any posts on cooking.  My kitchen is far too smokey to take any food pictures.  Ha Ha.

The name of my social accounts will change as well.  Those will probably come first.  The blog may be offline for a couple days while I work through the change.  Hopefully the transition is smooth and the next time you visit this blog the change over should of happened and you'll be viewing themoderntomato.com.  Feel free to go ahead and update your readers if you like.  Currently themoderntomato.com is redirecting to shanniloves.com.  Once the change is made that will be flip flopped.   If any of you have gone through a blog name change and have any pointers for me please comment.  Until next time....
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments