My National Sewing Month Challenge

Friday, September 07, 2012

I'm sure you're all aware by now that September is National Sewing Month!  Former President Ronald Reagan declared September as NSM back in 1982 "In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation."  What a swell guy!!  In honor of this I've decided to give myself a challenge.  Fall is coming fast, Sept 22nd to be exact.  I need to get my fall wardrobe in shape.  I've decided to ban myself of shopping at the big retail stores.  My only exceptions to this rule will be thrift stores for refashions and under garments (but not from thrift stores..ewww).  I have to shudder at what my "girls" might look like if I attempted to make my own bra.  So anyhoo one garment a week is my goal.  And trust me that is quite a huge goal for me.  Working M-F, 40 hours a week doesn't give me much time nor energy to want to sew when I come home.  But I'm gonna do it I tell ya!!

My first item of clothing to make it's appearance for my NSM challenge will be Colette's Macaron.  I know, I know, I've been working on it for a month already.  But I promise it will make it's grand appearance by the time the first week of NSM is through and that's tomorrow, eeekk!  To hold you over let's take a little sneaky peek shall we.


Cutest pockets eve


Did I go with the red or white piping..or did I use both!?! Stay tuned...


So do any of you have any sewing plans in honor of NSM?? Do tell...





You Might Also Like

5 comments