Me Made May Rundown ~ Week 1

Sunday, May 05, 2013

'I, Shannon of Shanni Loves..., sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavor to wear one handmade or refashioned garment at least twice a week for the duration of May 2013'
Time for the first weekly rundown of the me made items I wore for the week.  It was a short week so I managed to surpass my goal of two items a week and wore a handmade item every day of the week! Ok one was a repeat, shoot me.  This full week ahead is gonna be tricky. I will manage to get my two but I really really wanna wear more. 
Day 1:
  simplicity 1696
Simplicity 1696 HotPants blogged here.
 Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my new red pants!  I'm sure you'll probably see these again in another MMM weekly rundown.  Sorry but I can't get enough of these pants!!
Day 2..& 3:
 mmm2-3
Butterick 5432 (and a little cat tail) never blogged
Just some boring old lounge pants.  These are one of the first things I ever made.  When I get home form work it's a sprint to my bedroom to shed the work clothes and throw on some lounge clothes.  These were a repeat for day 3.
Day 4:
  Me Made May Day 4 ~ Sewaholic Thurlows
Sewaholic Thurlows blogged here.
Love these pants and I'm way due for another pair.  I've had a khaki pair floating around in my brain for some time now..just gotta make it happen!
As you can see in the last pic it was a rainy weekend here. Spent a lot of time sewing and watching movies.  I did clean up my sewing room and was embarrassed to look under my cutting table and find a WIP pile I had accumulating.  Well this pile was half WIPs I forgot about and half shit (fails) I wanted to forget about.  I found a skirt I started two years ago and haven't a clue as to why I never finished it.  So anyhoo some new items coming along to add to the Me Made May madness.
In other exciting news I won a $200 gift certificate from Mood Fabrics!!  What a way to top off my birthday!   Mood has quickly become one of my favorites places to buy fabric.  The selection and quality has never been disappointing.  If you have a sewing or other crafty blog you too could be a winner.  Get the details here.
So who else is participating or just enjoying in Me Made May???


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. luck you, and you're $200 mood gift cert! Thanks for sharing how you won, I've just signed up, too.
    Also, can I just reiterate how ADORABLE your red pants are? SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daaannnnng, Girl!! What an awesome birthday present! What kinds of fabrics/projects do you have picked out? I wouldn't even know where to start lol. I really should make a pair of pj pants because I also live in lounge clothes for the most part! Can't blame a girl for wanting to be comfy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky thing you! One day I will go to Mood and buy buy buy! Love the red pants as well btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your red trousers! I need trousers for me made may. I've never made them before! And congratulations on your win! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I kinda don't know where to start either! I start looking around and all I want to buy is prints but I def need more solids in my wardrobe. More tops and skirts for the summer months ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. misscrayolacreepyMay 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM

    Wow, I'm jealous of your Mood win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfits! I'm so jealous of your pants! I'm such a chicken that I just can't make myself try them! And congrats on the Mood win-- can't wait to see what you pick out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should really give pants a go..they're not that bad

    ReplyDelete