Summer Knit Cardi & a MMM recap

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hellloooo and Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there and that goes for pet mom's too!  Just a quick post to show you a free pattern for an easy peasy summer knit cardigan and a recap of Me Made May week 2!!  

Day 6...I started out the week in this cardigan I hurriedly whipped up over the weekend

IMG_1513
My photographer was being quite the comedian

  IMG_1521

Quick and dirty details:

                         Pattern:  Free tutorial here, comes in small & medium
                         Fabric: Interlock knit - remnant bin @ Joann's $2.00
                         Notions: Trim given to me by Granny
                         Alterations:  I made the small and had to widen the sleeves by 5/8 inch
                         Likes: Quick, easy.  Can be made in a couple hours all on your serger 
                         Dislikes: What's not to like???
                         Wear/Make again: Most def
                         Time to make: Took me about 4 hours but I don't have a serger and I slipstitched my hem
                         Total cost: $2.00 Hellz yeah!


The bottom hem
IMG_1571


Day 9..I ended a long and tiring day in this number...

Me Made May Day 9
Lisette 2059 blogged here

Another MMM item I've been wearing all week just not out of the house is this towel wrap for my wet hair.  You can buy these in the store, I believe they are called Towel Turbies or something like that. I decided to make my own.  A lot better than wearing a big ass heavy towel on your head that never stays on anyway.  If you'd like a tutorial on this please let me know. I'd be happy to do one.


Hope everyone had a good weekend!  Now off to enjoy the fruit/chocolate chip ice cream smoothie my husband is making...This should be interesting because the blender just sounded like it kicked the bucket and I heard my husband say, "What a disaster."

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oooo I need a knit cardigan like that! So cute! Thanks for sharing the link. Vito is so cute photo bombing you in the 4th photo lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cardigan, I need something simple and quick to make. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cardigan! I've been thinking that I need to make myself some knit cardigans. That floral dress is really cute. Such a perfect spring outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. misscrayolacreepyMay 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

    I should make a cardigan like yours! The color is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would ADORE a tutorial on the towel hair wrap. I always just use a huge towel and it always falls off lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok great! I'll try and get one up next week with the pattern I made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cardi!! I saw that trim and totally thought you had machine embroidered it on. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cardigan! I loved this when I saw it on Flickr, but I'm so behind on my blogroll! What an awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cardies- you can never have enough! That is all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! I love that cardigans can be worn all year long, and yours looks really great with that dress. I bet it would look good with the turban too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Would love to see the reaction I'd get if I wore them both to work.

    ReplyDelete