The Mila Shirt

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

mila4

Hello there! I'm back again with a make I've had completed for some time now. I have a million and one excuses for my absence. The main two being   1.  It's been hot as hell out and I've not been able to pry myself out of the air conditioned house to do much of anything outside and   2.  I've been blog depressed.  The desire for perfection wears on a person and it ends up taking the fun out of everything. I spend more time than I want publishing a post. I'm taking my time back and putting the fun back into this hobby by keeping it short and sweet from now on.


Mila 1

Mila 3 

Pattern: The Mila Shirt by Itch to Stitch  PDF available here
Fabric:   Chambray from Joann Fabric
Notions:  Buttons for the sleeve tabs and I chose snaps for the placket.
Sizing & Alterations:  Based off the finished garment sizing I cut a 0 grading to a 2 at the hips.  I lengthened the hem line for a more of a tunic style and shortened the sleeves by 1 inch.
Next Time:  My sewing queue is a little lengthy at the moment so I'm not sure when the next time will be for this pattern.  If and when there is I want to work on the fit in the shoulders and back. I won't go as long with the length and will add the collar.  I would love this for Fall in a plaid flannel.

mila 2

Looking forward to the cooler weather so I can actually wear this without breaking a sweat!  Now tell me what are you working on?

Thanks for stopping by!

Want to follow me outside of the blog?  Craving a little pug shenanigans?   I'm most active on Instagram - @shanni_jordan and Snapchat - @shanni_loves   See you there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments