Getting back to basics

Monday, August 29, 2016

Gable Muslin 1

It's nice to go back to the basics, especially after a sewing fail or a garment that requires complicated things like buttons or zippers. I heart those patterns that you can sew up in a few hours and they will play nice with other items in your closet. I have one of those patterns to share with you today. This top is just about as easy to make as it is to put on.

Gable Muslin 2

Gable Final1

Pattern: The Gable Top by Jennifer Lauren Vintage  PDF available here
Fabric:   Ver. 1: Jersey knit from Fabric Mart,   Ver. 2: The softest jersey from Style Maker Fabrics
Notions:  Clear elastic for stabilizing the shoulder seams
Sizing & Alterations:  I cut a size 10 and graded to a 12 at the hips.  It was a little big in the shoulders so for my 2nd version I cut an 8 for the shoulder and sleeve.
Loves:  The slash neckline.  I was a little worried about it at first because I thought it would be constricting on my neck.  It's not at all.  It can be modified for a lower neckline if it's not your thing. 
Next Time:  Definitely long sleeves and maybe another stripe! ha ha!  I'm really loving the red and white stripe version Jennifer made.  Because of the neckline style the pattern calls for a medium to heavy weight knit.  The blue & white stripe jersey I used was pretty lightweight and super soft so the neckline droops just a little.  I will choose a little heavier knit next time.

Gable Final 2

This pattern is a win for me.  If your looking for a stress free project that only takes a few hours to make then this could be the pattern for you.

Hope your having a great week so far!
~Shannon





Want to follow me outside of the blog?  Craving a little pug shenanigans?   I'm most active on Instagram - @shanni_jordan and Snapchat - @shanni_loves   See you there!


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments