Simplicity 2147

Wednesday, April 18, 2012



From my review on Sewing Pattern Review.com ...


Pattern Description: Misses Mini Dress or Tunic and Belt

Pattern Sizing: Size A 6-18.  I made size 8, View C

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Overall pattern instructions were easy to follow.  I did have trouble understanding the bias tape around the neckline.  I don't know if that's instructions fault or my own lack of knowledge when it comes to bias tape.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Bias tape. I ended up applying the bias tape my own way.

Fabric Used: Cotton sateen from Lisette

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Took an inch out of the back yoke because I had gaping on the neckline on my muslin.  Also ended up taking in the sides an additional 1/2 inch each side to have a closer fit. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? yes with my own alterations I would sew again. Definitely doable in a couple hours.

Conclusion: I think the next one I make I'm going to try a knit jersey fabric and cut a size 6.  Also have plans to make the sleeveless mini dress to wear on lazy summer days.  I'm going to make a belt for my tunic using this tutorial by LLadybird.

You Might Also Like

5 comments