Things I've learned about my dressform...

Sunday, April 01, 2012

I finally got my dressform out and put it to work today.  I cut a muslin for one of the tops I'm making.  I've never done a muslin before mainly because I don't want to spend the time on it, I'm too impatient.  But I'm really wanting these tops to fit me perfectly and I want to be sure the pattern size is just right before I cut into my fabric!!  

My dressform in action
I've learned the arms on my dressform are just not going to work.  They stick out too far and it's hard to get the tops on and off.  So tomorrow my husband and I....well my husband will be conducting a small surgical procedure by sawing off the arms.  I've also learned it's not very pin friendly.  I ripped the head of my pin off trying to pull it out of the form.  Then I had nothing to grasp so I had to pull it out with tweezers.  Not sure how to solve this problem unless I cover the form with some fabric, then I can pin into the fabric, but I don't want to make it too bulky.  Anyhoo I'm excited to cut into my actual fabric tomorrow and get started on my shirt!!

Highlights of my weekend:


I received my mug rug in the mail!!  I'm involved in a Yahoo sewing group and my first project with the group was a mug rug swap.
Here's the mug rug I made....



Vito got mail too!....


Yes the dog got mail. Vito's got a Facebook pal, a cute little Chihuahua named Juno. His picture is on the teddy bear's shirt!


Another highlight this huge bowl of ice cream my husband just brought me that I must go devour now!... 



Just a little bite pweease?!?!







You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. The way Vito is sitting made me squeal! I <3 squishy faced dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little guy is a character for sure! He's always sitting like this cuz he knows I love it and will give him lots of attention. lol

      Delete
  2. Good job on using your dress form. It's so sad, mine has had the same muslin on it for weeks while I agonise about what to do! Cute dog btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vito is WAY TOO CUTE. I seriously can't take it.

    ReplyDelete