Jewelry Swap Fun!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

I participated in a jewelry swap hosted by Melissa over at The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife.  I have so much jewelry, and I'm not talking about expensive diamonds and pearls.  I have a few really nice pieces I cherish but most of my stuff is costume jewelry.  I love wearing something different everyday so most of my stuff is inexpensive stuff you find at Forever 21 or on the clearance racks at Macy's or Kohl's.  I rarely pay full price for any of my jewelry.  Anytime I hit up a store my first stop is usually the jewelry clearance racks.  Some of my favorite jewelry brands are Fossil and Lucky Brand and I just discovered Lauren Conrad at Kohl's.  Her pieces are unique and dainty, just my type.  So with so much jewelry I have a few things I just don't wear anymore just because I'm kinda over it. So this jewelry swap was a fun way to get rid of some jewelry and get something in return, a surprise!! and I love surprises!!    I just love the necklace Kristy @ Cup of Jo sent me. I've already worn it a couple times. 
Cute packaging!!
The big thing with jewelry is layering.  I have been looking for a piece similar to this and silver is my first choice when I'm picking out jewelry so I love this necklace.

I hate it when I don't have a camera guy :(




Thanks so much Kristy!!  To see what I sent check out Jeni's blog, Two Shades of Lovely.  I forgot to take a picture of what I sent her so make sure you go to her blog to see what she got from me!  If any of you are interested in doing this jewelry swap Melissa will be hosting another swap for August so head on over to her blog for details.

In sewing news my Sassy Librarian Blouse is coming along really well!  I have gotten the bust darts sewn, release pleats and attached the facing.  All that's left is the arms and buttons.  I've really learned a lot with this blouse.

In Vito news, he got a bath..Boo for him...

but whyyyy???

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Oh, I love your necklace! This swap was a lot of fun(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Necklace!! You are rockin it for sure!! Thanks for participating in the Jewelry Swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhhhh Vito!!!!! I can't take it! He's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shanni! I think there might have been a little "whoops!"...I actually sent you that necklace! So glad you liked it!
    Kristy @ Cup Of Jo
    Http://kristyscupofjo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, so sorry!! I'm so easily confused! Thanks so much, I love it!

      Delete