Sassy Librarian Blouse

Friday, July 13, 2012

A while back I won a Craftsy course, The Sassy Librarian Blouse with Christine Haynes


There are two retro inspired versions of the blouse.  I'm choosing to do the sleeveless version mainly because it's so stinking cute and I have very few sleeveless blouses.   It has pin tuck detailing down the front (which scares the bejezus out of me) and a contrasting bow detail on the neckline and trim around the armholes.  I've already got my fabric picked out.  I came across this quilting cotton in the clearance aisle at Joann's and it screamed out Sassy at me.  I'm not so great at pairing up contrasting fabrics so to have these two bolts sitting next to eaxh other waiting to slap me in the face was rather delightful.

Left is the main fabric, Right will be the contrast

I swear what is it about quilting cotton.  With so many design options it is so hard to stay away and it's not always the best option with what your project may be, hence Exhibit A.  Recently Tilly over at Tilly and the Buttons wrote a very informative blogpost about sewing with quilting cotton.  After reading I'm pretty confident about my fabric choice for the Sassy blouse. 

So stay tuned, I'll keep you updated on my progress.  If any of you have completed a Craftsy course whether it be this one or Gertie's Bombshell ❤, let me know I'd love to see it! 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I'm jealous! I so want to take that class, but I splurged on the Couture Dress class and I won't let myself get another until I finish that one (personal goal). I did take the Knit Lab class and made a cute scarf: http://showandtellmeg.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-first-knitting-project-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that is, I usually don't let myself start a new project until I'm finished with whatever I'm currently on. I can't wait to see your dress! Super cute scarf too!

      Delete
  2. That fabric on the left made me do a double-take and get up to check my stash. I have a piece really, really close to that design (also from JoAnn's), but it isn't exactly the same. I'm guessing the one I have might be from the same collection, but the print is somewhat larger. Good luck with the class. The pintuck details really add something to the blouse, but I'm scared to try (and also need to get around to doing the bombshell dress class I bought before I get another class)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a really similar fabric as well. It's not quite as swirly but the flowers and colours are really similar, it's also a quilting cotton. It could be the same range all the way here in Australia. I was planning a skirt but I might see how you go with the blouse.... I used the fabric as contrast fabric for some shorts I made for my boyfriend. I should blog about them, if I can convince him to pose haha. I'm looking forward the hearing about the course and seeing your blouse.

      Delete
  3. I love this blouse! I can't really justify signing up for the class just to get the pattern... but... I'm really tempted! I still haven't finished the Jean-ius class, and I haven't even STARTED the bombshell dress class, so no way, Jose! I'm really excited to see your blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your finished sassy blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh cute :) I love the look- you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the finished product! Your newest follower - and p.s....I had to do some stalking, but I absolutely love the bracelet you sent me! Stay tuned to check out the post soon!

    ReplyDelete