Pintucks...

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Finally had some time tonight to get started on the Sassy Librarian Blouse.  I'm making view 2 which is sleeveless and has pin tuck detailing on the front.  I don't know what I was so scared about, the pin tucks were super easy to do.  Christine does a very good job of walking you through transferring the pattern markings to your fabric.  Once you have your lines marked on your fabric all nice and straight (with the help of your yardstick) and pretty and pressed (with the help of your iron) all ya gotta do is sew a straight line.  I think mine turned out well for my first time. I didn't even need to pull out my seam ripper!! Fancy that!



May be a little hard to see on the dark fabric but you get the idea! 

I got in too much of a hurry when I cut out my fabric.  When I decided what size I was going to do for some reason I only went by my bust size.  I never even looked at my waistline, duh!!.  So the waistline on the size I chose is about 2 inches smaller than mine.  I'm hoping there is enough ease that I can make it work.  If I would of been paying attention (which I'm usually not) I would of cut the size per my waist measurements and did a SBA per Christine's advice.  But in my defense how can one pay any attention to details when they have this sprawled out in front of them....



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is going to be so cute! Vito is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pintucks- they are such a lovely detail. I'd love to make my own. And guess what? I've totally made the same mistake of going by my bust size instead of waist. Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete