Me Made May 2014 ...I'm IN!

Thursday, May 01, 2014


me-made-may'14


I don't know why I've been so wishy washy about joining MMM this year. I think I feel bad because I can't participate every day like I'd like too.  Then there are all the pictures I have to take.  But then I'd be missing out on those opportunities such as finding what's lacking in my wardrobe and the best part meeting new sewing pals!!  So I'll stop twisting my arm already and join in on the fun.

I, Shannon of shanniloves.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear one item of handmade clothing at least 3 times a week for the duration of May 2014'.   I will also take this opportunity to tackle my WIP pile by finishing one refashion a week.


I'm going to push myself for more than 3 times a week but 3 is my minimum.  I also made myself a personal challenge to tackle that Goodwill bag of clothing bought for refashions.  As I was cleaning my sewing room the other day I discovered said bag and the first thought that crossed my mind, "I'll just donate these back to the Goodwill." Ha, that's so me!  I decided against it cuz I think I got some real gems in there!

I will do a weekly roundup post of what I wore that week plus any new refashioned items.  Those posts will go up on Sunday.  Since this week only has 3 days I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to squeeze in my refashion this week.  This weekend shall be a busy one. I'm super excited for Saturday because I'm FINALLY going to be taking a class on the new sewing machine my hubby got me for Christmas!!


Yes it has taken me 4 months to get in a proper class on this beauty.  My dealer is an hour drive away and with the crappy winter we've had plus other life happenings I just hadn't found the time nor energy.  Sadly though I'll be leaving my serger behind for a service.  I ran over a pin and now it needs new knives.  Note to self: When using serger ALWAYS pin on the side!  

Looking forward to following along with everyone's MMM journeys.  Let me know if your joining along.  I will be posting my #mmm14 shots on Instagram so feel free to follow along here as well.
 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Disqus fixed it for me. Something about I had two url's one with the http:\\ and one without so that's what was causing problems. I dunno I'm just glad they fixed it. I'm so dumb when it comes to blogging techie stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way! I just wasn't into it this year- I didn't want to have any rules or structure or to have to think about what to wear. But it's just so fun that I decided this morning to just go ahead and do it. :) I'm looking forward to seeing your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pledge - tackling the refashion pile is a great idea! I loved MMMay last year & although I'm not participating so fully this year I'm sure l'll get just as much out of it. I started following on Instagram to see your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad your in! Great idea to take on that refashion pile.Smart. Can't wait to see your outfits! Oh! Have fun at your class too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tackling the to-do pile is a tough one, good luck. :)
    Happy Birthday btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I've totally been tempted to do that with my refashion pile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing MMM14 too and seeing how much I actually wear handmade and where my gaps are.

    Hannah.

    http://surfjewels.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete