MMM Round Up Week 1 & Another Maria Denmark Olivia Tee

Sunday, May 04, 2014


A fairly quick post tonight to document Me Made May week one and to finally blog about another Maria Denmark Olivia tee that I've had complete for several weeks now.

Let's begin with the Me Made May round up.
Since we only had 3 days this week and I decided on May 1st to join in I've only got two outfits to show ya...way better than none huh?  Also if you follow me on Instagram you've seen these pics already. 

Friday, May 2nd....

image

Sewaholic Renfrew blogged here
And a cat named Orlando that likes to stand in the sink while I get ready for the day.

Saturday, May 3....

image

My most recent make, Papercut Pattern's Rigel Bomber blogged here. I swear I've worn this everyday since making it. I can't get enough of it.  I was on my way to take a class on my new sewing machine so no explanation needed for the happy-goof face.  I learned a lot about my machine.  My Bernina dealer knows her stuff fo' sho!  I can only hope to one day be so knowledgeable about the ins and outs of my machine.

I've made a total of 3 Maria Denmark Oversized Olivia Tee's.  One was a wearable muslin that I wear to bed, sure to make an appearance in Me Made May.  The second one reviewed here.   And here's my third and favorite version so far.  Sure to make an appearance in Me Made May as well. 

IMG_6090

I've worn this several times and it's super comfy and breathable during warmer days.  My neckline looks a little wonky and stretched out in this picture but trust me it's not.  My fabric was a green/white heathered effect striped sweater knit from Fabric Mart.  It's a very sheer sweater knit so I have to wear a tank underneath.

Notice my favorite pair of jeans.  Yes I bought them with the holes.  My husband can't believe anyone would spend money on a holey pair of jeans.   I've worn my own hole in the behind.  One of those where you squat down and whoops!  There's your sign that they should probably, mayyybe be tossed.  That sign is not big enough for me.  I patched up the hole and I'm still squeezing myself into them.  Please tell me you all own a similar pair of jeans.

IMG_6092

I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the sky...(sing with me now) think about it every night and day...spread my wings and fly away....

IMG_6095

Vito, he's not to sure how to feel about the whole flying thing...


image

We were standing in front of my hubs shop fan cooling off.  This dog cracks me up so much!


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. You'll see my version of holey jeans during this week's MMM roundup! Except all of the holes in mine were made by me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ScruffybadgertimeMay 5, 2014 at 2:55 AM

    I loooove your bomber jacket and am not surprised you're almost living in it!! Great start to May - I have also yet to blog my Olivia tee shirts ( also three but feel another might be coming, esp seeing yours 'flying' pose. Just the job for go fast running!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to MMM14. Love your Maria Denmark Oversized Olivia Tee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Week 1 looks good! Apparently, Orlando and Vito are big fans. I love your Rigel Bomber!! I even bought that fabric from Fabric Mart last month for a pair of pants. I may copy you.and make the Bomber instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that fabric would look super cute in pants too! I wish I would of bought more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Love the Olivia tee. So quick to make up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute! I love all of your outfits! Loving the look of the Olivia tee! Slouchy shirts tend to look terrible on me since I'm straight as a board, but I like them anyway. And dude, I wear jeans until they rot off my body, holes and all! I say the holes just give more character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Olivia! The fabric, and colours are great! And, I am currently wearing jeans with holes at the crotch, although as they are maternity that's probably because I have no choice! But I do have normal jeans with holes that I just can't seem to throw out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe thank you!! I'll be rocking holey jeans in my 80's ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one who will not part with their holey jean!!

    ReplyDelete