The Butcher Bag

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

butcher bag1

A stress reliever for me, like most of us makers is sewing.  Sometimes though I find myself getting stressed out by it particularly when I'm sewing clothing.  When that happens I go to projects like pillowcovers or a pattern I've got all the kinks worked out in and could sew in my sleep like my favorite leggings pattern.  I've seen other bloggers call these, palate cleansers.  For me it's anything really that calls for no fitting required!  While mindlessly scrolling Instagram like one does I came across my next stress relief project or shall I say palate cleanser, The Butcher Bag.  A simple fold-over style convertible clutch/crossbody. 

butcher bag5

butcher bag2

Pattern: The Butcher Bag by Butcher's Sew Shop  Free PDF available here
Fabric:  Home decor fabric and faux leather for the exterior and quilting cotton for the interior all from Joann Fabric
Notions: Medium weight interface for the top panel, metal zipper, d-rings & a magnetic snap. You can purchase a strap or make your own like I did.  I used my remaining faux leather, swivel hooks & double cap rivets. 

I had received some fun cocktail napkins from my latest Popsugar box and had the idea to use them as pockets in tote bags instead of napkins.  I added two of them to the inside of this bag, the fruity drink and the palm tree.  They are the perfect size to hold my iPhone and sunglasses.

Pockets

butcher bag3

I absolutely love this bag!  It's perfect for me to carry on the weekends when I'm out and about shopping and if I ever feel the need to be all fancy like I can take off the strap and carry it as a clutch.  I was able to make this up on my day off so yay for a quick, stress free project.

butcher bag4
What projects or patterns do you turn to for stress free sewing?

Thanks for stopping by!

Want to follow me outside of the blog?  Craving a little pug shenanigans?   Follow me on Instagram @shanni_jordan and/or Snapchat @shanni_loves  
See you there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments